Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Stupid ways people have died.

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    I was looking up some of the dumbest ways people have died, and I found a few of these pretty funny.

Attila the Hun:
    One of the most notorious villains in history, Attila's army had conquered all of Asia by 450 AD--from Mongolia to the edge of the Russian Empire--by destroying villages and pillaging the countryside.
    How he died: He got a nosebleed on his wedding night
    In 453 AD, Attila married a young girl named Ildico. Despite his reputation for ferocity on the battlefield, he tended to eat and drink lightly during large banquets. On his wedding night, however, he really cut loose, gorging himself on food and drink. Sometime during the night he suffered a nosebleed, but was too drunk to notice. He drowned in his own blood and was found dead the next morning.

Tycho Brahe:
    An important Danish astronomer of the 16th century. His ground breaking research allowed Sir Isaac Newton to come up with the theory of gravity.
    How he died: Didn't get to the bathroom in time
    In the 16th century, it was considered an insult to leave a banquet table before the meal was over. Brahe, known to drink excessively, had a bladder condition -- but failed to relieve himself before the banquet started. He made matters worse by drinking too much at dinner, and was too polite to ask to be excused. His bladder finally burst, killing him slowly and painfully over the next 11 days.

Horace Wells:
    Pioneered the use of anesthesia in the 1840s
    How he died: Used anesthetics to commit suicide
    While experimenting with various gases during his anesthesia research, Wells became addicted to chloroform. In 1848 he was arrested for spraying two women with sulfuric acid. In a letter he wrote from jail, he blamed chloroform for his problems, claiming that he'd gotten high before the attack. Four days later he was found dead in his cell. He'd anaesthetized himself with chloroform and slashed open his thigh with a razor.

Francis Bacon:
    One of the most influential minds of the late 16th century. A statesman, a philosopher, a writer, and a scientist, he was even rumored to have written some of Shakespeare's plays.
    How he died: Stuffing snow into a chicken
    One afternoon in 1625, Bacon was watching a snowstorm and was struck by the wondrous notion that maybe snow could be used to preserve meat in the same way that salt was used. Determined to find out, he purchased a chicken from a nearby village, killed it, and then, standing outside in the snow, attempted to stuff the chicken full of snow to freeze it. The chicken never froze, but Bacon did.

Jerome Irving Rodale:
    Founding father of the organic food movement, creator of "Organic Farming and Gardening" magazine, and founder of Rodale Press, a major publishing corporation.
    How he died: On the "Dick Cavett Show", while discussing the benefits of organic foods.
    Rodale, who bragged "I'm going to live to be 100 unless I'm run down by a sugar-crazed taxi driver," was only 72 when he appeared on the "Dick Cavett Show" in January 1971. Part way through the interview, he dropped dead in his chair. Cause of death: heart attack. The show was never aired.

Aeschylus:
    A Greek playwright back in 500 BC. Many historians consider him the father of Greek tragedies.
    How he died: An eagle dropped a tortoise on his head
    According to legend, eagles picked up tortoises and attempt to crack them open by dropping them on rocks. An eagle mistook Aeschylus' head for a rock (he was bald) and dropped it on him instead.

Jim Fixx:
    Author of the best selling "Complete Book of Running," which started the jogging craze of the 1970s.
    How he died: A heart attack....while jogging
    Fixx was visiting Greensboro, Vermont when he walked out of his house and began jogging. He'd only gone a short distance when he had a massive coronary. His autopsy revealed that one of his coronary arteries was 99% clogged, another was 80% obstructed, and a third was 70% blocked....and that Fixx had had three other attacks in the weeks prior to his death.

And finally there's Lully, one of our favorite 16th-century composers, who wrote music for the king of France. While rehearsing the musicians, he got too serious beating time with his staff, and drove it right through his foot. He died of infection.
    "Do not let the things of the PAST and the fears of the FUTURE ruin the PRESENT"
    -Kaleb R.
    Chris//Male//15
    Always here.

• Advertising

(Justin)
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Default Re: Stupid ways people have died.

The guy who created mcdonalds died of drinking soda from a tap that was not cleaned by employees of his resturant
    Mess with the best, die like the rest.
    Communities Moderator
    Blogs and Groups Moderator
    Leonardo DiCaprio deserves an Oscar!

(.)
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poot View Post
    The guy who created mcdonalds died of drinking soda from a tap that was not cleaned by employees of his resturant
    Bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by poot View Post
    Wrong. Four men created McDonald's: Ray Kroc died of a heart ailment, Mac McDonald died of cancer, Dick McDonald died in '98 of old age, and Ronald L. McDonald is still alive.
    SOMECOMMUNITIES: A Forum Community

"I believe that in 1978 God changed his mind about black people!
    You can be a Mormon, a Mormon who just
    believes!" -- Kevin Price

"Joseph Smith, don't fuck the baby. I'll get rid of your AIDS if you fuck this frog." -- God

______
    ADIOGL

(Dawn)

My dad had a book called "They went that-a-way" in his library thats full of stories like that- mostly of famous people. I just went to see who the author was but I can't find it now. He may have thrown it out or given it away. It was several years ago that I read it one summer. Anyway if anyone wants to read it they can just put that title in at Amazon and find it if it's still available.

(Holla Back Boy)

In 1988, three people died when a poodle fell from a balcony in Buenos Aires. 1 was struck on the head, the 2nd run over by a bus, the 3rd died from a heart attack while watching.
    Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.
    Malcolm X

Illinois Supreme Court Member optid's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by AyyOhhLetsGo View Post
    I was looking up some of the dumbest ways people have died, and I found a few of these pretty funny.
    What is the source of your information?

Funny that nobody mentioned George I and George II of England.
    Illinois... Home of President Barack Obama

The Anthropology & Geography Diary

Freedom depends on ordinary people who are willing to fight for it, even when the dark side looks like an easier choice.
    --Clarence Page

Custom 10k face by Davo

Quote Originally Posted by optid View Post
    What is the source of your information?

Funny that nobody mentioned George I and George II of England.
    http://monster-island.org/tinashumor/humor/dumbdie.html

Ive seen the same material on other websites as well.
    "Do not let the things of the PAST and the fears of the FUTURE ruin the PRESENT"
    -Kaleb R.
    Chris//Male//15
    Always here.

(.)
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kard View Post
    In 1988, three people died when a poodle fell from a balcony in Buenos Aires. 1 was struck on the head, the 2nd run over by a bus, the 3rd died from a heart attack while watching.
    haha really?

If you are really interested in stupid ways people have died, check out this site...

http://www.darwinawards.com/

There are several books of darwin awards that have been published.

I have to say that while I initially found the stories amusing, my feelings have turned to sadness. I guess someone dying, even by their own stupidity, doesn't seem that funny.
    "...there is no justice. The rich win - the poor are powerless." - The Verdict
    Amnesty International's current report on China http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/china/report-2011
    Skeptic's Annotated Bible http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/
    Religious Tolerance Site http://www.religioustolerance.org/

Vai
    (Josh)

the worst death by far was when a few australian journalists went to cover the indonesian invasion of east timor and some natives hung them upside down and made them suffocate on their own genitals
    “You see, George [Bush], Ukraine is not even the state at all! What is Ukraine? Some part of its territory is the Eastern Europe, some its part, the greater part, is our gift!” -- Vladimir Putin

John Bonham died of choking on his own vomit. Poor guy.

(Zain)

Quote Originally Posted by souljacker View Post
    John Bonham died of choking on his own vomit. Poor guy.
    That can happen when you're drunk

Lover of cold brewskies

(Michael)

In the case of Jerome Irving Rodale: PWND!
    I mean saying "I'll live to be 100" then dying of a heart attack?
    I know it's sad to laugh, but the irony!
    HALLELU LADIES!!
    (warning: the above link features lots of filth and depravity. Please click.)

(Courtney)
    A place where your life exists before you live it, and where it goes afterwards.
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Anyone who has died from the effects of smoking, I think they have the dumbest deaths.
    Boom, baby.
    GONTILC.GONTILC.

I'm not sure that I really ever could
    hold on to a hotel key in a
    bedroom making love
    and go sleep-walking in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by bsteeper
    I've been thinking about it and it's got to be a much nicer place than heaven. I mean... all the gay men are down there. You KNOW it's well decorated.

laLaLA: horror.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast