Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How does hair naturally grow curly or straight or spikey or etc?

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    I've noticed some people just have natural wavy hair, or curly hair, or straight hair or spikey hair.

I've been told asian guys can only have spikey hair for hair style. I really want to try growing my hair long to a curly hair at the end so it looks really hot but i wanna make sure i can make my hair grow straight first, not spikey.

Any tips? I use Alberto hair product to shape my hair and Dep EXTREME Hair Gel +12 to spike the front of my hair. But i want to try this new hair style tho.
    <-- drinkin' contest
    putting a goldfish cracker in a water bowl does not count as having a pet fish. <- grr how many times did I tell you not to take a crap on my lawn...
    party on dudeee

• Advertising

(Terrick)

Default Re: How does hair naturally grow curly or straight or spikey or etc?

my hairs grows kinda straight but usually curls up when it gets wet.
    Never Blend In

My hair, when grown out, is somewhere between curly and wavy. It's not toally curly, but def not straight.

(Vikki)

You can't make your hair grow a different way to what it does already. Hair doesn't grow 'spiky'. Usually, spiky hair is straight, so I don't know what you're after. Hair grows a certain way because of your genetics, which of course you can't change. Your genetics determine which shape your hair shafts are gonna be, which determines how it grows. I can't remember which way round it goes, but one type of hair shafts are round in shape, say, if you cut a cross-section and magnified it, another type are rectangular in shape, and wavy hair is the one with the oval-shaped hair shafts. Curly and straight are the other two, but I don't know which way round they go. I think the round one is straight hair. Anyway, might seem irrelevant, but by explaining how hair grows I'm trying to make you see how you can't change the way your hair's meant to grow.
    Next time you go to the supermarket, fill your trolley with booze - vodka, whisky, gin, whatever you want, fill it, and just before you get to the till put in a pack of nappies. Once they've tilled it through and tell you the price, pretend like you don't have quite enough money and put the nappies back. They'll look at you like you're scum, it's brilliant.

(Lavender)

that's all false, your hair are grow by ur genetic.. some asian grows curly hair too, what you need is a barber, and tell him what fashion do you want, he will helps you to do it.. if it doesn't work well with barber, get professional help..

(Jen)

If by "spiky" you mean that your hair sticks up, once it gets past a certain length it will automatically fall, and will be straight.

Generally, Asians don't have curl in their hair unless they get a perm. It sounds like you want "hockey hair" - personally, I think this would look rather silly on an Asian person.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

Hmm - I think I know what you want. Like - my hair, when grown out long enough, will start to just curl up at the ends when dry, and it just looks like a wave - lol.
    I guess you could use products to manipulate your hair, but natural is better!!!
    . . . h e l l o - - > . . . s u b m i t. . .

(Michael)

i'm trying to get my hair straghtined out and dyed my hair looks like pube all curly n stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian
    If by "spiky" you mean that your hair sticks up, once it gets past a certain length it will automatically fall, and will be straight.

Generally, Asians don't have curl in their hair unless they get a perm. It sounds like you want "hockey hair" - personally, I think this would look rather silly on an Asian person.
    agreed.

yeah you can get a perm but girls perm. you can color be cause bothn genders do that but ive never heeard of a guy perm.

(Vikki)

yeah you can get a perm but girls perm. you can color be cause bothn genders do that but ive never heeard of a guy perm.
    There's no difference. A perm is a perm.
    Next time you go to the supermarket, fill your trolley with booze - vodka, whisky, gin, whatever you want, fill it, and just before you get to the till put in a pack of nappies. Once they've tilled it through and tell you the price, pretend like you don't have quite enough money and put the nappies back. They'll look at you like you're scum, it's brilliant.

first of all... what the hell's a perm?
    <-- drinkin' contest
    putting a goldfish cracker in a water bowl does not count as having a pet fish. <- grr how many times did I tell you not to take a crap on my lawn...
    party on dudeee

(Kristine)

personally, I think this would look rather silly on an Asian person.
    it actually just depends on the person. My school has a very high asian population, and there are several of them that go for the "hockey hair" look. On some it looks good, on others it doesn't...just like every other person with every other hair style. And to get that particular style, I only know of 2 that get perms. The others use Got2B "curl up" gel or whatever it's called.

first of all... what the hell's a perm?
    Perm is short for "permanent". Basically, what the stylist will do is put your hair in curlers (they vary in sizes, depending on how curly you want your hair) and then he/she will put a liquid chemical on it that basically chemically changes the shape of your hair follicle from straight to curly. This will wear off after a while, and as your hair grows, the new hair growing in will be your original texture - not curly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richarrd

oh okay thanks
    <-- drinkin' contest
    party on dudeee

(Vikki)

It's short for permanent wave, because it makes your hair (not actually permanently, but about semi-permanently), wavy/curly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget
    You can't make your hair grow a different way to what it does already. Hair doesn't grow 'spiky'. Usually, spiky hair is straight, so I don't know what you're after. Hair grows a certain way because of your genetics, which of course you can't change. Your genetics determine which shape your hair shafts are gonna be, which determines how it grows. I can't remember which way round it goes, but one type of hair shafts are round in shape, say, if you cut a cross-section and magnified it, another type are rectangular in shape, and wavy hair is the one with the oval-shaped hair shafts. Curly and straight are the other two, but I don't know which way round they go. I think the round one is straight hair. Anyway, might seem irrelevant, but by explaining how hair grows I'm trying to make you see how you can't change the way your hair's meant to grow.
    you can change that with a perm/ getting your hair chem. straightened they break the hairshafts into place (not physically the cremey stuff they put in your hair does it i think) or something like that

"studying is for squares"

she loves her pink flower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast