Default muscle spazzing, toe's locking up

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    once school starts back, im joining the cross country team again. so, in preperation, i have been prepping myself for it so i wont be eating dust. everyday i run four miles at around 5pm. once im done i stop and my right leg will completely spaz out. i cant control it. its not like really bad, but it shakes like a cell phone on vibrate (i couldnt think of anything else to compare lol). is this normal?

also, later on after running (usually 30 mins - 1 hour) after i take a shower my toes will cramp up and sometimes lock up. like seriously, my toe will stick straight up, cause me pain, and stay there for like two minutes. all this happens without me touching my toes. my only possible explaination for this is maybe my toes are hot from being in shoes running, and then a cold shower shocks them so the muscle cant move?

help!

• Advertising

Banned

Default Re: muscle spazzing, toe's locking up

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude95 View Post
    once school starts back, im joining the cross country team again. so, in preperation, i have been prepping myself for it so i wont be eating dust. everyday i run four miles at around 5pm. once im done i stop and my right leg will completely spaz out. i cant control it. its not like really bad, but it shakes like a cell phone on vibrate (i couldnt think of anything else to compare lol). is this normal?
    This could be due to a couple of things. After your run, you could be dehydrated and you might have an electrolyte imbalance. But it's definitely not normal and you really should have it checked by a medical professional.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude95 View Post
    also, later on after running (usually 30 mins - 1 hour) after i take a shower my toes will cramp up and sometimes lock up. like seriously, my toe will stick straight up, cause me pain, and stay there for like two minutes. all this happens without me touching my toes. my only possible explaination for this is maybe my toes are hot from being in shoes running, and then a cold shower shocks them so the muscle cant move?
    These could be cramps.

The bottom line, however, is that you should see a doctor. There are quite a few different involuntary muscle contractions and it's hard to diagnose without seeing what's happening. But since it's a regularly thing you really should get it checked out. It could be something harmless as dehydration, over training, or an electrolyte imbalance, but it could also be something serious like muscle dystrophy (extremely, extremely unlikely) or MS.

Problems with the muscles, especially if the problem is chronic, should be checked out just in case.

Kwisatz Haderach Global Moderator delerium's Avatar
    My Diary
    ( 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy View Post
    This could be due to a couple of things. After your run, you could be dehydrated and you might have an electrolyte imbalance. But it's definitely not normal and you really should have it checked by a medical professional.

These could be cramps.

The bottom line, however, is that you should see a doctor. There are quite a few different involuntary muscle contractions and it's hard to diagnose without seeing what's happening. But since it's a regularly thing you really should get it checked out. It could be something harmless as dehydration, over training, or an electrolyte imbalance, but it could also be something serious like muscle dystrophy (extremely, extremely unlikely) or MS.

Problems with the muscles, especially if the problem is chronic, should be checked out just in case.
    I'm going to agree. You should probably go see a doctor. As you said in your post that you're a regular runner, i'm sure you remember to stay hydrated. So I doubt the electroylte imbalance. The toe thing could be cramps too, but I don't like the involuntary contraction. None of us here can look at it, and while our opinions as to what it could be may be right, none of them amount to what a trained medical professional who can actually see whats going on directly can tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Please don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by bandgeek7350 View Post
    yall can be unsensitive assholes if they want to

Wehe dem Kind, das beim Kuss auf die Stirn salzig schmekt, es ist verhext und muss bald sterben.

Global Moderator

(Rich)

do your feet bones crack like how you crack the bones on your fingers? cause that happens to me and i run so idk...hope you get better
    "If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
    I can only conclude that I was not made for here"
    CS Lewis
    I love Jesus.

Cramps. Make sure you stretch nice and easy before you run.
    Than afterwards too. When you're taking a shower, let the water run on your toes if they cramp up on you. It should relax the muscles.
    BORN †HIS WAY
    DON'T BE A DRAG JUST BE A QUEEN.

Muscle spasms can be caused by exercise and caffeine, among other things. If these spasms have only gone on for a couple of days, don't worry too much about them. If they occur for a few weeks or longer and get worse than they are now, you might want to contact a doctor.

As for the cramps, make sure to drink a lot of water and stretch before working out.

Also, if you're on a new medication, that could be a cause.
    hehe
    p101 moderator

thanks for your help guys. ive set up a appointment with a doctor to help me understand these cramps.

nikitatolstoy

These muscle spasms should not be neglected immediately have to concern doctor for treatment.This might cause due to unbalance diet for the body and physical exercises done by us.