Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: best friends end up getting married???

Default best friends end up getting married???

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    so everyone has heard that best friends end up getting married. what do u think of this, and is it possible to be best friends, not jsut friends, but best friends with the oppisite sex without being attracted to them.?
    or if it isnt possible, how long do u think it takes people to realize that they love thier best friend as more than a friend, and want to go out iwt them???

• Advertising

Default Re: best friends end up getting married???

I have never been able to have a male friend. And I don't mean the one you talk to at school, but the ones you hang out with after school, go out and do things, watch movies together etc...without having one person develop feelings for each other.
    Life doesn't have to be perfect
    To be wonderful

yea thats the problem im having
    i like my best friend whose a girl really much, but idk if she likes me
    EsLocoSoldado likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by COWS GO MOO
    yea thats the problem im having
    i like my best friend whose a girl really much, but idk if she likes me
    Yea, its tough. My best friend was a guy for quite some time and he finally dropped one day saying he liked me. Our friendship ended. And now everything is awkward. Its a tough thing.
    Life doesn't have to be perfect
    To be wonderful

well i told her i liked her last year, things got akward we didnt talk for some time, but now were really good friends again, so im at a loss of what to do

(Dan)
    Banned

I know what you mean, its very difficult but have you noticed how its mostly they guy yhat develops the feelings or at least develops them first

Banned

well i used to go out with this girl who said she loved me and that is all that she wanted was me etc well long story short i found out that why she was going out with me she had gaven like 4 other guys blow jobs so i highly doubt that your best friend or girlfriend and you could get married but hey who knows maybe it could happen!

(Brendan)

I've recently started dating my best friend. She was always one of my better friends, but over the past couple years we've been spending more and more time together, and gradually became best friends. I had actually told her five or six months ago that I didn't want a relationship (and I was being honest) because I didn't want her to be misled. But the more time we spent together and the more I got to know her, the more I thought that I wanted a relationship. The nice thing about it is that because we were such good friends for such a long time, we can always be candid talking to each other, and really just be ourselves. I'm not sure if it's possible to not become attracted to someone of the opposite sex who is your best friend, all I can say is that in my case I gradually became more and more attracted to her, and her to me as well.

(Jen)

I too have never been able to have a best guy friend without one person having feelings for the other. However, that's not to say that those feelings were always strong enough to be acted on.

I've had two best guy friends in my life.

The first one developed feelings for me and then lied to be about it for 10 months while trying to manipulate my relationship with my boyfriend to his advantage. Though I was very very close to him, I never thought of his as anything more than a friend. If I did, it was as a brother, not as a potential boyfriend.

The second is currently my best friend and has been for a few years. We are both in long term relationships with other people (as we were when we became friends), but have both awknowledged that there's something more between us - however, neither of us feel that the "something more" is stronger than what we currently have with our respective partners, and so we have decided that it is not worth exploring and that we will remain friends.

But, at the same time, I have other close guy friends who I have never developed feelings for, and I do believe that platonic relationships ARE possible, are as turning friendships into relationships if both people are interested.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

I think it's really really hard not to have feelings for the opposite gender that you have been friends with for a long time.... knowing a lot about their life, seeing them almost everyday..... it's really hard not to, but it's like.... a 20 percent chance out of 100 that you may get married.. what if your friend isnt interested in you like that?
    When I play Battlefield 2 I feel like ... When I see Michael Jackson I feel like ...When listening to a good song ...:punk:

(James)

my sister is friends with a lot of guys, it really depends on the personalities. She said she would never date him cause she never looked at him like that, and one of her friends is a stoner, who just makes them laugh, but is too umm... odd to date... The point is, almost all of my sisters friends are guys, and she doesn't have feelings with any of them, proving that yes, it is possible to have a best friend of the opposite sex, just depending on what type of person you are and stuff...

(James)

I actually tried dating a good friend once, it was just too awkward that it totally ruined our friendship, because HER best friend hates me, and when we dated and broke up, she saw that as her chance and spread rumours and stuff... The point is, never datesomeone whos best friend is a bitch ...

thnx for the posts
    i guess i was misleading in saying the married part, i was just trying to use that to show how best freidns of oppisite sex may become atracted to eachother over time, i was not actually being serious about the married part
    but as jen and others said that they thought of thier best friends as more of a brother, my best friend also says she seems me as a brother, even though she is flirty at times and touches me alot, but what i guess i really want to know is how unlikely is it that is she says she thinks of me as a brother that she will eventually think of me as more of a boyfriend and be interested, or is that even possible?
    also, could it be that she says that she thinks of me as a brother in front of other people and to me sometimes just to mask her feelings for me???

thnx for all who read

(Jen)

There's really no blanket answer. For me, I know that I never could've had feelings for the first guy I talked about who ended up having feelings for me. In my mind, he was the sort of person I'd been waiting to find my whole life, in terms of an older brother figure that I never had. And, I liked the feeling of having such a person in my life so much, that I ever could've got past it to feel something more.

With that said, not all girls who say "I love you like a brother" or something along those lines are going to feel exactly the same way I did. For some people it's real. For some people it might eventually turn into something different. For some people it's just an expression. You can always talk to her about it in private, and if you find out she doesn't feel the same way just drop it and continue being friends as you were.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

Every best friend w/ opposite sex relationship I had, ended up with us both being attracted to each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast