(Tyler)

Default Well paying jobs that allow me to travel freely.

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Okay, so ever since I was a little kid, I've wanted to travel all over the world and see everything there is to see. The only problem is, some places can be pretty expensive to go to, and I need a good paying job. I'm not saying I would have to move away from where I live now, but I wouldn't be opposed to either. I just need a job that when I want to take a break to go on a trip, I can do so without having to worry about my job. And I also wouldn't mind doing work for that job while travelling either.

I'm only a sophomore in Highschool, but I need to start thinking about what I"m going to do. And I am very serious about this, and all advice is appreciated

• Advertising

(Jorge!!)

Default Re: Well paying jobs that allow me to travel freely.

My dad works for the number 1 rim making company in the world and his job pays him for travleing to China, Africa, Australia, Japan, and a lot of other places. But he's been working for almost 20 years, so you need to b very experienced with it. But still, imagine being on a plane for 15 hours in buesiness class? Hell yes.

(Jorge!!)

Ask if you want more details. He started forking when he was 21, so i think they'd probably accept you if you show references. before that he worked in an auto shop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tlander View Post
    Okay, so ever since I was a little kid, I've wanted to travel all over the world and see everything there is to see. The only problem is, some places can be pretty expensive to go to, and I need a good paying job. I'm not saying I would have to move away from where I live now, but I wouldn't be opposed to either. I just need a job that when I want to take a break to go on a trip, I can do so without having to worry about my job. And I also wouldn't mind doing work for that job while travelling either.

I'm only a sophomore in Highschool, but I need to start thinking about what I"m going to do. And I am very serious about this, and all advice is appreciated
    In order for us to give you the best advice it is important to know what your interests, strengths, and academics are so that we can point you in the right direction. For example, a job where you can definitely see the world at no cost to you personally is being in the Armed Services, but if you absolutely abhor violence, then making such a suggestion would be non sensical. I reckon that if you tell us the kind of professions that most appeal to you, then folks can definitely share their experiences.

Finally, I would also make a trip to your guidance department, too, to see if it has any information or resources about your question. It is great that you are focused on your future and that you are planning now so that you can decide where you ultimately want to go to college.

(Anna)

I'd think twice about a profession that involves extensive travel. You'd have to be a certain person to appreciate that as a lifelong thing. It may be fun in your 20s and early 30s, but by the time you settle down and potentially have a family you may not appreciate the travel aspect of your job so much.

About jobs that allow you to travel on your time off, you basically need something that pays well and offers good vacation time. Those characteristics generally require both schooling and experience. Off the top of my head, teachers have tons of vacation time, but I heard it takes a while to build an impressive salary.

What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

(Jen)

Are you asking for advice on a job that would allow you to take vacation? Or a job that would allow you to travel FOR work? Because there's a big difference...

Most large companies give their employees a set amount of paid vacation time. Usually 2 or 3 weeks to start, with the ability to get more paid vacation time the longer you stay with the company (the specifics of course depend on the individual company).

Teaching, obviously, gives you the entire summer off. Allowing you to travel as much as you like during those months, but not providing much flexibility during the other months.

If you're looking for jobs that involve travel, sales is a big one. But beware, a lot of times travelling for work purposes can take you all over the world but doesn't actually let you explore the places you're going to due to having to work the whole time.
    "He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen" -- Anne Carson

Words

To travel for work and have skills which would allow you to settle when you wish, travel nursing is phenomenal. Yeah, you probably don't want to be a nurse, but travel nurses are in very high demand. Usually their living expenses, travel, and of course work is all paid.

Former Health and Development/Help and Advice Moderator
    Retired G-Mod

ok this is gonna sound a bit out there but i heard the other day that you can take these courses yeah

what it is is have u ever seen the millionaires yachts in st tropez and place like that ?

well they are all DESPERATE for fully trained crew , (ones who have taken these courses )

and basically you get paid to look after the boat and things and you travel with the millionaires to realli expensive places and things

it was on tv the other day

just an idea