Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Posing for Life Drawing Class

*Ads Disappear After 100 Posts*
    Stephen so your school was OK with students who are 16-17 getting nude models? Students that age here who go to the special governor's art school can only draw models who are wearing something like a leotard, from what I've heard. At the college level they get the nude models for life drawing.

• Advertising

me
    (Sara)

i've done modeling in art classes (just posing clothed, not nude), and i've drawn models.

i think (as mentioned in several other posts) that the hardest part that the model might not realize is actually just staying still- as people said it can be hard on certain muscles.

but as for the part where you might be worried about getting aroused (i can't remember if the op is male or female), unless you're particularly easily turned on and see something you like i doubt it will happen if only because of the nerves associated with being naked in front of strangers.
    right now.

gov whorish hubby: phil (Ingrate)

Sara the OP is female. Thanks for the reply. You're right that holding those poses will be the hardest part of the job.

Another thing I wanted to know is if the art instructors do anything to prevent students from taking pictures of the model with camera phones? I wouldn't want to end up all over the Internet.

I doubt any of the students taking advantage of the opportunity would demean you like that. The type of people in such classes are generally seeking the experience and opportunity. I would expect a no-nonsense approach either way.

Former Health and Development/Help and Advice Moderator
    Retired G-Mod

I have been posing nude for art classes at an all women's college since last September. I pose for two to four classes every week. I really enjoy doing it. The instructor and students really treat me well . I like going around on my break and looking at their art work.

The first time I posed nude I was really nervous,but after awhile it doesn't bother you at all. I would tell you to pose at either a college or university for the first time. You should ask them if you can sit in on a life drawing class so you can see what a model does. I am sure they will let you do it .

I wish you well.

I posed for just one Artist and he happens to be a professor in the university.
    Quick buck I made there and easy job .. unfortunately , he doesn't respond to my call if he need my service again

My Diary
    ( 1 )

Sometimes artists don't like to stick to the same person all the time, so they move on. It happens and you just have to find other jobs to do. Also, this thread has been inactive for over three years, so I'm going to lock it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12